Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Sauce Californie

Sauce Californie

California Sauce

This is my prettiest fermented sauce.  It is more mild than my other sauces, bright red with a lot of flavor!

I named it Sauce Californie because of the local ingredients that I used. I only use bright red vegitables.  The fermentation process preserves the color and mellow the flavor.

Please look at my Sauce Martinique recipe for the basic procedure.

Here is what you need:

12 Fresno Peppers. Remove the stems keeping the flowers on. Minced.
2 Red Bell Peppers seeded and stem remove.  Minced.
2 Tomatoes Minced.
1 Purple Onion. Minced.
1 Garlic Bulb peeled. Minced.
2 Table Spoons of Whey
Brine
IF YOU WANT MORE HEAT, ADD A COUPLE OF HABANERO PEPPERS!

Follow the procedures . Age. Bottle. Enjoy!

Now here is the bonus!  When you strain the mixture, save the skins and seeds!  Spread these on a cookie sheet and stick in an oven under lowest setting with the door a jar.  When they are dry, put them in a jar. The dried mixture is better than pepper flakes!  I use mine in my Creole Blend!




No comments:

Post a Comment