Saturday, January 25, 2014

Chicken Creole

A friend asked me to give them a recipe that did not take two months to make!

Chicken Creole

This is very easy to make.  I worked at the Brewer's Network Winter Brew Fest today.  I got home late and hungry.   So I thought I would make my Creole Chicken dish.


1 double Chicken Brest
1 Onion diced
1 bell pepper diced
1 onion diced
1 stick of celery diced
Some flour
Creole/Cajun seasoning
A can of  El Pato tomato chile sauce
One cup of chicken stock
Some olive oil

Pour some olive oil in a frying pan. Heat it.
Take some flour and mix with the creole/Cajun seasoning

Dip the chicken in the flour mixture
 Brown the chicken Brest on both sides
Remove and set aside
Put the Trinity (celery, onion and bell pepper) in the pan and
sauté till translucent
Pour in the tomato sauce and stock. Mix well.
Place the chicken in the frying pan and spoon the sauce over it,
Cook until done.


Serve with rice.

This recipe would work with shrimp!  If you want to try this, make the sauce then ad the shrimp and cook for a couple of minutes.

2 comments: